Blogging is not as easy as it might seem, I think. It can take our precious time and can sometimes play havoc with our emotions. It can lead to the joy of new found online friends and sharing, or sometimes to hurt and pain and misunderstandings. I’ve only been blogging for a couple of years now, but over this time there have been blogs that I enjoyed reading and following that have been deleted. I’m sure there are lots of reasons to stop blogging. Perhaps, more reasons to stop than to start. However, I wanted to create a little list to mark some of those blogs that have touched and inspired me and that are no longer available. All of these are greatly missed and I truly thank the bloggers for sharing them with us for the time that they did.
- planaquarium.wordpress.com – I think this blogger was one of the first bloggers to like one of my poems. He was a prolific poet and always had amazing pictures to go with his poems. His use of pictures inspired me to go back and add pictures to my blog and I’ve been including pictures with my poems ever since. So, if you have ever wondered why “It’s Just Words” has words and pictures… well, now you know.
- bellesogni.wordpress.com – was an amazing blogger and poet. She was very free and open with her comments. If I had anticipated that her blog might be deleted, I would have tried to save it all to one of my disks for future enjoyment and reading. It’s sad that the world doesn’t have access to her work right now. I would read her poetry and immediately think to myself, I wish I had written that!
- eaglewingssoaring.wordpress.com – a follow on blog by bellesogni that was very appropriately named, but brief. She also included reblogs of interest in addition to her own original work in this beautiful, but short-lived blog.
- hellisafourletterword.wordpress.com – was another amazing poet and blogger. I found the often darker and exposed raw emotions in her poetry very intriguing and refreshing. I was often inspired by her work to try and make my own poetry more edgy, but I just don’t have it in me. I hope she is arranging to have her work published.
- zoemecredy.wordpress.com – a very young blogger and, I hope, future writer. I believe she was still in high school. I enjoyed her poetry and stories and her comments on my blog. I hope she is doing well and is perhaps now busy in college.
Any other deleted blogs that some of you want to mention that inspired you and that you now miss?